Are you looking for locally made gifts this Christmas season? We’ve scoured the internet to curate this Made in BC gift guide for that very reason. You can shop from the comfort of your own home AND shop local at the same time!
We hope this Made in BC gift guide helps you with your holiday shopping this year.
*This article contains affiliate links, which means if you do happen to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Gifts for Her
Any of the following beautiful items would be a welcome gift for all those hard to buy for women on your list.
- Handmade Vintage Scarf by Jane Fiesta
- Leaf Bucket tote by Sewn With Passion to help organize clutter and store items such as magazines yarn, etc.
- Pompom hats by Pieces by Christina made for ladies and babies. (Have two made so you and your little one can match!)
- Personalized passport holder by Sacha and Co
- Two-tone leather bag by Treibholz Canada
- Hand sewn indigo shawl/scarf by Starfish Studio by Lisa
- Double brim winter hat by Christie Bodden Design
- Market bag/Beach tote by Coastal Craftwork
- Personalized cosmetic bag by Songbird Celebrations
- Unisex cashmere scarf/shawl by Duotopia
- Handknit wool mittens by KUWA Design
- Knitted lumberjack toque by Warmland Knits
Handmade Toys and Apparel for Kids
Gift your young one with one of these amazing handmade items lovingly created by a BC maker.
- This Snacks on Snacks on Snacks sweatshirt made by My Cheeky Baby is sure to get a chuckle out of those who read it (child included)
- Dual bin wooden sensory table by Monkey Tables
- Adorable stuffed bear by Sweet Peas Kids Krafts
- Personalized wood bowling set by Tree Fort Toys
- White pompom teepee by iloveteepee
- Miniature dollhouse by M for Miniatures
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar felt story by Whimsy and Wonder Felts
- Adorable finger puppets by Mom and Dots Felt Shop
- Montessori shape puzzles by IFIT Montessori
- Triceratops Felt Dinosaur Masks by kathyandflick
- Canoe Adventure playset by Woodpeckers Toys
- Soft sole “shoes” for little ones by Island Soft Soles
Gifts for the Athletic or Outdoor Enthusiast
- Exotic hardwood fish bonker by West Coast Thumpers
- Fire making kit by Western Designs
- Men’s golf socks by Imagine ThatCA
- Fly fishing reel bag by cocorioco
- Survival gear by Creeker Survival Gear
- Camper’s dream chef knife set by Chatwin 1610
- Golf reusable face masks by Amber Co Creative
- Personalized floral water bottles by Hollar Creations Shop
- Personalized hockey water bottle stickers by Stinky Lockers
- Macrame yoga strap by Beach Macrame Co
- Trout flies by Trout Road
- Sports Dad t-shirt by WestCoastBoyMom
Gift Ideas for the Technology Obsessed
- Wood iPad stand by SHIPWAYlivingdesign
- iPhone docking station by WestyCo Goods
- Device sleeve for Kindle, iPad or MacBook by Assemble Goods
- Quick-release camera strap by West Coast Weave
- Personalized Airpod case by marblefy
- Pressed flower phone case by Floral Neverland
- Personalized leather mouse pad by Wilhelm and Friends
- Smartphone leather case by Zenock Leather
- Adjustable laptop (or book) riser by Konisa Studio
For the Animal Lover
- Stainless steel dog tags by Island Engravers
- Dog waste bag holder by Backyard Threads
- Pawprint memorial necklace by Just Vial
- Dog bandana and matching face mask set by Bonar and Clark Dog Co
- Dog treat advent calendar by Falvai Creative
- Catnip cat toy by Entertain Thy Feline
- Ultra-durable waterproof dog bed by ecoDaisy Dog Mattress
- Bow tie for cat or dog by Black Cat Stitches
- Custom engraved pet memorial rock by Pacific Rock Engravers
For the Chef of the Family
- Washable reusable sandwich food bags by Purcell Sewing Co
- Premium bamboo cutlery set by Chideno Canada
- Glass drinking straws by Glass Sippers
- Natural marble charcuterie board by Kentwood Homes
- Herbal Tea by New Moon Tea Co
- Herringbone mosaic serving tray by Quaint Essentials Shop
- Lavender linen tea towel by studioontenth
- Beeswax reusable food wrap by Suzy’s Bees Wraps
- Personalized cheese board by Perfectly Me Vancouver
- Personalized freezie holders by Cotton Confetti Shop
- Reclaimed wood wine rack by Tin Hat Designs
- Natural white handwoven table runner by Islandweaver Design
There you have it. A few of our favourite locally made items. We hope this Made in BC gift guide helps you with your holiday shopping this year!
If you are strictly looking for items made by makers on Vancouver Island these articles will help you with that. (While the articles aren’t geared towards holiday shopping, the gifts mentioned are useful at any time of year).
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide
- Father’s Day Gift Guide
- AND, Etsy has its own Gift Guides showcasing many fabulous artisans from across the globe. Here’s one for Gift Under $30
Save this article for future use by pinning this image on Pinterest:
Comment Below to Enter the Giveaway!
(See details near the top of article for how to enter)
West coast thumpers! My fish bonker broke, need a new one!
The hand knit mittens by Kuwa designs are beautiful so I would use it to get myself a lovely air of mittens.
Something from Beach Macrame!
lots of choices….probably the new moon tea co
Ooh there all such great things to choose from! I would probably go with one of the toques for my mom or a friend. 🙂
What an amazing collection! I would have to go with a fish bonker from Wesr Coast Thumpers for my husband or a fire starting kit for my son from Western Designs 😄
Great list for Christmas shopping ! Something for everyone. I like so many. Christy Bodden design, will be one of my picks and always need something for home. I like Quint essential home. Glass slips etc. Thanks, good luck every one
Something for the garden would be just grand!
Duotopia, good luck everyone, love this idea of supporting local!
Chideno Canada A lovely bamboo cutlery set or Smartphone leather case by Zenock Leather
Either of these would be beautiful gifts
There are so many to choose from but Treibholz caught my eye immediately. Thank you for taking the time to organize all of this vendor information and for the opportunity to be in the draw.
Hi Claudia, your name was randomly selected and you won the $40 Etsy Gift Certificate! Please watch for an email from me this morning with further details. Congratulations!
Ooh, I like the Outdoor stuff: Fire making kit by Western Designs or Survival gear by Creeker Survival Gear would be nice!
So many choices! Hard to pick but the first thing I saw that caught my eye was the leather bag from TreibholzCanada
Treibholz Canada! Lovely gifts here
New Moon Tea
Thanks for the list – some cool things in there I hadn’t seen (or thought of looking for)!
M for miniatures
Sasha and Company or Sewn with Passion
Moon tea company is probably where I would spend if I won. But that whole section is temping. I am also a member. Merry Christmas!
i would like something from island engravers
Of the ones listed, my first choice would be Tin Hat Designs. Close 2nd, would be Trout Road. But I am wondering why you don’t have Going Coastal, near Chemainus. We have purchased from Stephanie with Etsy, many times, and love her creations.
Well, to be honest, I haven’t heard of Going Coastal before. So thank you for the tip! I try to feature new artisans with every gift guide. So I will definitely look into her shop for next time!
I’m going to choose Perfectly Me Vancouver, but there are so many great ones to choose from! Thank you so much for putting this list together! 🙂
What a great surprise. I must go with the beautiful knife set (Camper’s dream chef knife set by Chatwin 1610). I have never heard of this artisan but i am going to make a point to look over their knives. Also I’m a paid up member.
Tin Hat Designs!!! They have some beautiful handcrafted works, love love love their creative creations 💕
Warmland knits 🙂
Ohhh so many to choose.
I think glass sipper or new moon tea.
Treibholz Canada for sure, gorgeous!!!
The Duotopia scarfs look amazing! I’d buy one for my sister-in-law 🙂
The golf socks would make a nice Christmas gift for my son-inlaw.
There are so many amazing products to choose from! So much talent here on Vancouver Island:) I love the double brim winter hat by Christie Bodden Design, Pieces by Christina, and Warmland Knits. Nothing better than a stylish looking toque.
So hard to choose and I can see gifts for all. Probably the Emergency survival kit from Creaker Survival for my son-in-law . He will love it and he’s not always easy to buy for!
Far Garden Ceramics . Have ordered 4 so far for her people and I need one for me and my friend.
So many to love. Treibholz Canada would be a favourite.
Hi Kim, what an awesome idea, thank you! If I win the gift certificate, I would most likely spend it at Coastal Craftwork 🙂 Thanks again, Becca
Christie Bodden Design, Trout Road, Zenock Leather, would be some of my choices, so many wonderful artisans to choose from !! p.s. I’m a paid member.
Beach macrame-a gift for my daughter, though I see a lot of beautiful, talented artists here!
I have bought local and from Etsy especially this Christmas!
Thanks for this opportunity.
I would love to shop at Starfish Studio or Islandweaver Designs. Those are my favourite!
ChrIstie Bodden Design would be my pick!! Thanks for the opportunity to enter.
Studioontenth! But everything is lovely. Paid subscriber! 🤶
KathyandFlick because my Grandson is really into dinosaurs and he doesn’t have a mask yet.
Love all these shop suggestions 😍
Member. So much to choose from, it is hard to pick just one!
Warmland Knits and Chideno Canada look great
Duotopia cashmere scarf
I’d love to buy local – especially with a gift card!
So hard to pick just one! They all have such wonderful and unique products
I most likely would spend towards something at the iloveteepee vendor as I think it would be fantastic for my grandkids
new moon tea co