Are you looking for locally made gifts this Christmas season? We’ve scoured the internet to curate this Made in BC gift guide for that very reason. You can shop from the comfort of your own home AND shop local at the same time!
We hope this Made in BC gift guide helps you with your holiday shopping this year.
*This article contains affiliate links, which means if you do happen to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
For a limited time, (until November 22) we are giving away a $40 Etsy Gift Certificate to one lucky reader!
Entering is simple: In the comment section below, please tell me which artisan(s) you will most likely spend the gift certificate on, should you win.
The gift certificate will be emailed to you, so please use a valid email address when entering.
The Giveaway will close on Sunday, November 22 at midnight. The winner will be contacted on Monday, November 23.
*The winner is free to spend the gift certificate on ANY Etsy shop (not just the ones mentioned below). The gift certificate must be used on Etsy.com.
*Paying members of Vancouver Island View, automatically get two entries when commenting below (please use the same email address you originally signed up with). Emails will be cross-referenced to our membership list.
Gifts for Her
Any of the following beautiful items would be a welcome gift for all those hard to buy for women on your list.
- Handmade Vintage Scarf by Jane Fiesta
- Leaf Bucket tote by Sewn With Passion to help organize clutter and store items such as magazines yarn, etc.
- Pompom hats by Pieces by Christina made for ladies and babies. (Have two made so you and your little one can match!)
- Personalized passport holder by Sacha and Co
- Two-tone leather bag by Treibholz Canada
- Hand sewn indigo shawl/scarf by Starfish Studio by Lisa
- Double brim winter hat by Christie Bodden Design
- Market bag/Beach tote by Coastal Craftwork
- Personalized cosmetic bag by Songbird Celebrations
- Unisex cashmere scarf/shawl by Duotopia
- Handknit wool mittens by KUWA Design
- Knitted lumberjack toque by Warmland Knits
Handmade Toys and Apparel for Kids
Gift your young one with one of these amazing handmade items lovingly created by a BC maker.
- This Snacks on Snacks on Snacks sweatshirt made by My Cheeky Baby is sure to get a chuckle out of those who read it (child included)
- Dual bin wooden sensory table by Monkey Tables
- Adorable stuffed bear by Sweet Peas Kids Krafts
- Personalized wood bowling set by Tree Fort Toys
- White pompom teepee by iloveteepee
- Miniature dollhouse by M for Miniatures
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar felt story by Whimsy and Wonder Felts
- Adorable finger puppets by Mom and Dots Felt Shop
- Montessori shape puzzles by IFIT Montessori
- Triceratops Felt Dinosaur Masks by kathyandflick
- Canoe Adventure playset by Woodpeckers Toys
- Soft sole “shoes” for little ones by Island Soft Soles
Gifts for the Athletic or Outdoor Enthusiast
- Exotic hardwood fish bonker by West Coast Thumpers
- Fire making kit by Western Designs
- Men’s golf socks by Imagine ThatCA
- Fly fishing reel bag by cocorioco
- Survival gear by Creeker Survival Gear
- Camper’s dream chef knife set by Chatwin 1610
- Golf reusable face masks by Amber Co Creative
- Personalized floral water bottles by Hollar Creations Shop
- Personalized hockey water bottle stickers by Stinky Lockers
- Macrame yoga strap by Beach Macrame Co
- Trout flies by Trout Road
- Sports Dad t-shirt by WestCoastBoyMom
Gift Ideas for the Technology Obsessed
- Wood iPad stand by SHIPWAYlivingdesign
- iPhone docking station by WestyCo Goods
- Device sleeve for Kindle, iPad or MacBook by Assemble Goods
- Quick-release camera strap by West Coast Weave
- Personalized Airpod case by marblefy
- Pressed flower phone case by Floral Neverland
- Personalized leather mouse pad by Wilhelm and Friends
- Smartphone leather case by Zenock Leather
- Adjustable laptop (or book) riser by Konisa Studio
For the Animal Lover
- Stainless steel dog tags by Island Engravers
- Dog waste bag holder by Backyard Threads
- Pawprint memorial necklace by Just Vial
- Dog bandana and matching face mask set by Bonar and Clark Dog Co
- Dog treat advent calendar by Falvai Creative
- Catnip cat toy by Entertain Thy Feline
- Ultra-durable waterproof dog bed by ecoDaisy Dog Mattress
- Bow tie for cat or dog by Black Cat Stitches
- Custom engraved pet memorial rock by Pacific Rock Engravers
For the Chef of the Family
- Washable reusable sandwich food bags by Purcell Sewing Co
- Premium bamboo cutlery set by Chideno Canada
- Glass drinking straws by Glass Sippers
- Natural marble charcuterie board by Kentwood Homes
- Herbal Tea by New Moon Tea Co
- Herringbone mosaic serving tray by Quaint Essentials Shop
- Lavender linen tea towel by studioontenth
- Beeswax reusable food wrap by Suzy’s Bees Wraps
- Personalized cheese board by Perfectly Me Vancouver
- Personalized freezie holders by Cotton Confetti Shop
- Reclaimed wood wine rack by Tin Hat Designs
- Natural white handwoven table runner by Islandweaver Design
There you have it. A few of our favourite locally made items. We hope this Made in BC gift guide helps you with your holiday shopping this year!
If you are strictly looking for items made by makers on Vancouver Island these articles will help you with that. (While the articles aren’t geared towards holiday shopping, the gifts mentioned are useful at any time of year).
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide
- Father’s Day Gift Guide
- AND, Etsy has its own Gift Guides showcasing many fabulous artisans from across the globe. Here’s one for Gift Under $30
Save this article for future use by pinning this image on Pinterest:
Comment Below to Enter the Giveaway!
(See details near the top of article for how to enter)