Nothing says Spring like seeing caterpillars everywhere. I realize we are still in the depths of winter, but we needed a little reminder that the nicer weather will soon be upon us. Which is why we decided to bring some color to our world by creating this really cute caterpillar craft.
As you will see in the picture of supplies below, all I brought to the table was cut-out leaf shapes, glue, colorful pom-pom’s and googly eyes. It was the kids idea to add black pipe cleaners to create the legs, and they really do make a great addition.
Caterpillar Craft Supplies
- glue (liquid is best)
- medium-small sized pom-pom’s – any colors will do
- green construction paper cut into leaf shapes
- small googly eyes
- black pipe cleaner – cut into small pieces (for the caterpillars legs)
(Pretty self-explanatory, but….)
- Glue the pom-pom’s one at a time on a leaf shape to form the caterpillar body.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the first pom-pom (depending on how much dexterity your child has, you may have to help glue on the small googly eyes).
- Glue the small pieces of black pipe cleaner next to both sides of every pom-pom (except the head, obviously) to create legs.
(This post was brought over from my former blog Momamusings)