Any time is a great time to create an owl craft!
We have a couple of owls that frequent our forest (or maybe it is an owl couple!?), and we love hearing their hooting.
So we are a bit owl obsessed around here.
Which is why my children recently created this adorable owl craft using torn paper.
I absolutely love how they turned out.
Torn Paper Owl Craft
- An assortment of brown construction/craft paper (all different shades)
- Black construction paper
- White pencil crayon
- Orange or Yellow construction paper (for beak, eyes, & feet)
- Googly eyes – because no art project is complete without them
How To Make Torn Paper Owls
- On the black construction paper draw a simple owl shape using the white pencil crayon
- Tear the assortment of brown paper into small to medium-sized pieces
- Glue the torn paper all over the owl shape, making sure to stay in the outer lines as much as possible (however, it doesn’t matter if you glue the brown paper over-top of the pre-drawn eyes and beak shapes)
- Using the yellow and/or orange construction paper, cut out two circles (for the owls eyes), a triangle (for the beak), and two feet. Glue these shapes to your owl.
- If using: add googly eyes.
That’s it, that’s all! So simple, yet these torn paper owls turn out so cute!
Pin for future reference: