One of Victoria’s most recognized landmarks also happens to be one of the world’s topmost iconic hotels. Like most Fairmont’s, the service and quality at the Fairmont Empress are second to none.
This resort features turn of the century architecture, classic beauty and an unrivaled location on the water. In June 2017, the Empress completed a $60+ Million restoration that both celebrates its proud history while moving the hotel into a new era of modern luxury.
The Fairmont Empress features a wide selection of unique well-appointed guestrooms and suites, many of which offer magnificent views of the harbour, city or gardens.
Pet-Friendly?: Pet-friendly rooms are available in advance for an additional fee.
- The Empress offers a wide selection of unique guestrooms featuring classic details and modern touches, but if you can swing it, splurge on one of the rooms or suites with a harbour view.
- Book yourself into the Willow Stream Spa…you won’t regret it!
- Have afternoon tea in the Lobby Lounge. Tea at the Empress is among the world’s best unique tea experiences!
Where to Eat
The Empress has a variety of dining experiences for you to enjoy.
Q at The Empress – Located in the most storied room in Victoria and a must-visit culinary experience. The Q is currently open for breakfast from 7:30 am until 11:00 am.
Q Bar – Open daily for drinks, lunch and dinner from 11:00 am until 10:00 pm. Features a vibrant selection of signature cocktails, an extensive wine list and enticing local craft beers on tap.
The Veranda – The Veranda at the Fairmont Empress overlooks Victoria’s sparkling Inner Harbour. Open for lunch and dinner daily from 11:00 am until sundown.
Tea at the Empress – Served in the Lobby Lounge on Saturdays and Sundays with seatings at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
As the resort is centrally located, you are also within walking distance to many of Victoria’s top restaurant choices.
Victoria has so much to see and do that it’s really hard to narrow it down to just a few recommendations. However, these two articles should help you get started:
Resort Tips & Services
- Within walking distance to much of Victoria’s most sought after attractions
- Onsite health club, which includes a fully-equipped gym, indoor heated pool and whirlpool area
- For business travellers, Fairmont Empress offers a light business service, which includes:
- Complimentary airline boarding pass printing
- A workstation
- High-speed internet access
- Laser printing
- Fax machine
- Courier and mailing services are available at the Front Desk.
- In-room services such as a work area and high-speed internet access
- If you are travelling with kids, the resort offers some great activities (here’s a sampling):
- Scavenger Hunt
- Prince and Princess Afternoon Tea
- Marmot watching
- Honey Bee watching
- BMW cruiser bike rentals
- Child-sized bathrobes available upon request
- Children’s menus (kids aged 5 and under eat free off the children’s menu, while kids aged 6-12 eat for half price off the regular menu)
- On-demand film selection
- Babysitting services
- The resort also offers wedding, conference, and special event services
Check Availability at:
Save this article for future use by pinning this image on Pinterest: